As a River Sailor (Matrose) you will be expected to be responsible, dedicated and willing to learn and progress. Sailors work well with a team and have good communication skills. They assist the Captain as required and take direction well. The River Sailor (m/f/x) is versatile and able to perform a variety of functions and tasks, such as onboard maintenance, works on deck and loading operations. Their tasks include painting, cleaning floors, carpentry, varnishing and securing ship at dock. Neat and courteous at all times, the River Sailor presents well and makes a positive impression on guests. They can operate under pressure and comply with the required safety regulations and procedures. Through their meticulously executed work, the River Sailor contributes to a memorable cruising experience.
- “Schifferdienstbuch” with German stamp on the position “Matrose”
- experience in the nautical field, preferably on river cruise ships
- polite, loyal and mature personality
- well-groomed appearance
- candidates with a good level of German and/ or English are preferred
- a first aid certificate is a plus
- assist the captain with performing tasks of nautical maintenance
- perform works on deck and in other areas
- follow safety regulations regarding the ship, the staff and the passengers, as instructed by the Captain
- attend meetings with superiors and other staff, regarding the schedule or the ship life
- assist with loading of provisions as directed
This position is offered by our partners providing the nautical and technical operation of the AMADEUS Fleet.