As high-level performers in piano and singing, setting guests’ feet tapping or getting them to sing along or dance to the music is what the Musical Duo excels at. With an engaging and friendly attitude and an excellent feel for what the audience wants, they ensure that passengers are never bored. The Musical Duo performs in a range of styles and languages, particularly German and English, and moves comfortably from golden oldies to international hits to dance music such as cha-cha or waltz. When called for, they keep it classic, for example with teatime background music. The Musical Duo ensures that there is always an upbeat, happy atmosphere on board.
- a musical duo formed of one vocalist with very good vocal skills and one piano player with extended performance skills
- experience in similar positions as Singer, Pianist, Musician, Performer or Solo / Duo Entertainer
- broad knowledge of music from the 1950s until today and ability to perform songs from all these decades
- ability to perform in different musical genres (e.g. German Schlager, folk music)
- experience in singing in German and English
- ability to sense the cultural variety of different nationalities, yet being able to offer diversity in entertainment
- smart casual or elegant attire depending on event and time of day
- willingness to fulfil duties on board ships for consecutive months
Nice to have:
- ability to sing in additional languages (for example in French, Spanish or Italian)
- sing & play appropriate music of various styles to entertain passengers
- create a pleasant dancing atmosphere whenever needed, for example with social dancing music: Foxtrot, Disco Fox, Tango, Cha-Cha, Rumba, Salsa, Waltz, etc.
- perform with versatility, taking into consideration guests‘ cultural background
- during the afternoon tea-time: provide an enjoyable musical experience as a piano player, including in their repertoire well-known pieces of classical music from renowned composers
- liaise with Hotel Manager & Cruise Director on how to perform and when