This position offers an exciting opportunity to be an indispensable figure in ensuring the smooth and safe operation of the cruise. The Mechanical Engineer makes sure that routine maintenance operations are carried out and performs not only mechanical but also electrical repairs on board. They know all the secrets of our ships’ engines, of bow thrusters and propellers, and take care of just about any other machinery or mechanical systems on the ship. They also work on the power generation systems, the heating and cooling systems, refrigeration systems, electrical systems, elevators, and more. They have a strong sense of accountability and follow safety policies and regulations at all times. The Mechanical Engineer has initiative and is able to work independently and in small spaces. They are good at crisis management, able to act quickly with sound judgement and work well under pressure. The Mechanical Engineer is also a team player and communicates well, thus ensuring a smooth and safe cruise experience for everyone on board.
- “Schifferdienstbuch” with German stamp for the position “Maschinist”
- qualification as a ship mechanical engineer for river-going ships
- good level of German and/ or English
- experience with Caterpillar and/or Aquamaster systems
- knowledge of Z-Drive systems is an advantage
- experience on passenger ships is an advantage but not a must
- perform maintenance operations or in order to ensure proper operation of the ship
- repair mechanical and electrical parts of equipment
- perform works in the engine room and sometimes in guest’s areas
- fix day-to-day issues
- order adequate spare parts
- work closely with the nautical team and the land offices to ensure a smooth nautical operation
This position is offered by our partners providing the nautical and technical operation of the AMADEUS Fleet.